Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wow, greetings to those of you who are looking at this blog from the four corners of our earth! G'day, Sydney! Hi, Singapore! Hello, Fiji! Buon Giorno, Italy. Goodness! Hungary, Germany, England and China! I hope I am providing good information and entertaining talk story to all of you, wherever you are.
Bummer! Sorry for the 60's talk but that is the way I am feeling right now. I went to have a consultation with my doctor, Dr. Liu, and she says my platelet count is too low for me to have chemo tomorrow. But she encouraged me to come in tomorrow at the crack of dawn, see the vampire people (also known as the lab people) and have them test my blood platelets again. Maybe the numbers will climb between yesterday and tomorrow and I can still have my chemo. If not, we have to wait until the numbers are better. She agrees with me that I am experiencing neuropathy. My socks have been uncomfortable on my feet lately. I thought maybe the detergent hadn't rinsed out of the socks enough but after multiple rinsings of all my socks I realized it had to be my feet. They aren't numb. Just sensitive and maybe a bit tingley. On the bottoms of my feet. And my fingertips are a little sensitive. But not as bad as my feet. Well, I don't mean my feet are "bad" but they are a little uncomfortable. I'm not complaining. I still feel like my condition is a piece of cake compared to others I have talked to who are going through Chemo. I am merely making an observation. I was a little hesitant to bring up the neuropathy with the doctor. Oh, I knew I had to tell her but I was afraid she would get upset and tell me it was a very bad sign. She didn't though. She just said that it was to be expected and I shouldn't worry. Just keep her informed. She also said I can use over the counter anti fungal creams for my toes but she wasn't convinced it was athletes feet. I will try it and see if the itching and cracking goes away.
I am happy to report that my blood pressure was 103/64. I guess the call to stop drinking coffee and to stop worrying about everything was a good one. Yayyy me!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't google analytics fun? The neuropathy is less fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mardie maybe you could try some lightweight silk liner socks. Being a runner, I'm sure you know all about liners. Silk, being a natural fiber, might be kinder on your feet than synthetic materials. Hope your platelets did their thing overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mardie, just read that you got chemo today! Yay you!!! Yay your platelets! Take care of your feeties and Rosie says hi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, I like analytics a lot but some of the modules I don't have a clue about. Someday you must sit down and explain them to me. Thank you for introducing me to it!
    Library Friend, I used to wear silk liners when I hiked in the Himalayas. I hadn't even thought about that as a solution. I must take a look!
    Kathryn, Hmmm, someone was looking at facebook, I think. Good. I'm taking care of all of me, I hope. Hi, back at Rosie.

    ReplyDelete