Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sleep, Star Trek and a lost ring

Good morning! And what a lovely morning it is. A little on the cool side but the sky is clear and blue. There is a momma turkey and only one chick up on the hillside. I hope the hawks.....oh, no! I'm mistaken. Mamma was huddled and completely surrounded by her babies. There are a bunch of them. Yayyy. I'm glad the hawks are staying away.

Yesterday was interesting. Once again I had little energy but lots of ambition. When Andy suggested we take in a movie on Friday afternoon I said why not today? My only concern is that I tend to fall asleep at movies, especially afternoon movies. But really, why put off something fun? So off we went to the afternoon showing of Star Trek. What a great movie. We completely enjoyed it. It was just lots of fun. Andy decided we needed a huge box of Kettle Corn and I had a decaf latte. We gorged ourselves on popcorn and I drank the whole latte. I neither fell asleep nor needed to run to the ladies. It was a perfect afternoon. Then we went to Flemings with one of the Mother's Day gift certificates we had. Our server, Lynne, was delightful. Ask for her if you go to Flemings. You won't be disappointed. But as the meal came to a close, so did I. I made it home and collapsed. Leah came over for a visit but I was out for the count. Andy woke me up at 10:30 to tell me to go to sleep! I guess I changed out of my clothes into my jammies but I don't remember doing that. Then I slept through to 5 a.m. I remember dreaming about staying at a farmhouse in Canada and buying opera tickets in Hungary, only I think it was Prague. The language on the signs and in the stores was Hungarian but the opera was Bartered Bride. And I was buying the tickets for friends who were visiting from Walnut Creek. Very strange. But with all the confusion it wasn't an anxiety dream. Everything went smoothly. I remember being a little concerned about finding the ticket office but walked straight to it without any problem. Which is probably what would happen if I got dropped into Budapest right now. I have no idea where the ticket offices are but if I found myself in Budapest I would probably remember where to go.

Oh, good news! Remember the little gold and diamond band I lost? Well, it has been recovered. And I don't think I actually lost it. I am pretty sure I gave it to Andy. He put it down with the other two rings I handed him but when he put them away he only picked up the two bigger rings. Then he was off to Europe. Yesterday he casually handed the "lost" ring to me and asked me if I recognized it. I was so thrilled, happy, relieved. He had actually noticed it a couple of days ago but had forgotten that I was missing it. So who has chemo brain!?!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, very cosmopolitan dream!!! I loved Star Trek! And I'm so glad the ring was found. Mardie, I think everyone you know has chemo brain except you. Or maybe you a little. Helps you to understand how my brain works...or doesn't. :-] !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we share is very special. Chemo brain or whatever. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete