Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Friends and food!

We continue to be grateful to all the friends and neighbors who have provided us with meals. Last weekend the Clark/Dautel/Castro family brought over a picnic basket filled with Kosher delectable treats (salami, pickles, fruit, bread, cookies and lemonade). And with all the goodies was a three page essay about the origins and history of May Day. Food for the body and the mind! Wednesday brought a delicious chicken/rice and corn dinner from Maria Gregory and Saturday we received a delicious casserole and salad from the Toland family. People keep asking me if I have lost weight. Well, not with the wonderful meals friends have been delivering!
And I musn't neglect to mention Liz who not only has stepped in to run the library while I am getting my treatments but also makes grocery store runs for me whenever I ask. And sometimes I don't even give her specific items. I ask her to find something I might like to eat and she figures out what that exactly means and brings me something I didn't even know I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment