Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In which Mardie partakes of a doughnut and dreams of hamburgers

There were a couple of pretty hot days. And they really hit me hard. It was cool enough in the house, but I just felt blucky. I slept a lot and couldn't concentrate on anything. And this neuropathy is really making itself felt now. My feet are always uncomfortable. I can't say they hurt. They don't. But they feel like I'm wearing a pair of really old, dirty socks. They just don't feel good. And my fingers feel funny. Not numb. I don't know how to describe it. Like I have extra skin on the pads of my fingers. I'm feeling through an extra layer of skin. It just feels weird. And now I'm reading friends Facebook pages and emails and everything they comment on influences me. Morgan dreams about doughnuts and now I won't be happy until I have one. Oh, yeah, I did. An old-fashioned maple. After I bought it I thought I might throw up so I just put it aside. And then the gnawing desire to eat it took over and it was history. And it was delicious. Gale writes about George's Giant Burgers. Funny, I just passed it yesterday and knew I had to eat there soon. So now it is on my list of places to visit in the next day or two. Yesterday I couldn't complete the day without some frozen yogurt in a waffle cone. Is this chemo brain or am I just bored? I'm reading plenty of books so I'm not totally vegetating. But walking even short distances takes it out of me now. My heart starts pounding and I have to sit down. Even when I run a marathon that doesn't happen to me.
Today it is much cooler. But the sun is still very bright so I shouldn't go out in it. I burn at the drop of a hat. Even if I'm not in direct sunlight. It is so frustrating. One must slather up with sunscreen and then wear a hat and scarf and long sleeves and hope it works to keep you from the scorching rays of the sun. Sometimes it works. But sometimes all that happens is one starts sweating from all the body cover and then the sunscreen runs into your eyes and you are uncomfortable in extra ways. Ayyyy!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate re the fingers - its very hard to explain how something can be numb and hurt at the same time. Hopefully it will go away for both of us when we're done with our respective journeys.

    ReplyDelete