Sunday, May 24, 2009

I wore one of my scarves yesterday. The turquoise blue one that Kathy sent me. I have worn the scarves before but just to cover my head and throw over my shoulders to hide my face from the sun. Yesterday, I wanted to go to shul but I didn't want to wear my wig or a hat. So I folded the scarf lengthwise twice, placed the center at the back of my head, brought both sides to the front, crossed them and brought them back to the back. Oh, I did open the fold a little to make sure my head was entirely covered with scarf. Anyway, I then tied it twice and left the ends hanging. I checked with a youngish neighbor and she said it was way cool or something to that effect so I went with it. And it felt very secure and I felt very exotic. And I remember once when my mom decided to wear a scarf on her head like that only she wanted to put some fresh roses on it. My sisters and I were horrified and made her take it off. I feel really bad about that now. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment