Sunday, May 10, 2009

40 in 40 Challenge

I have a friend who has a friend. Don't we all? But this is a special story about a special person. My friend Iris mentioned to me a couple of months ago that she works with a guy from Charlotte, North Carolina, named Sean. Sean has run a few marathons. Iris and I have run a few marathons. Somehow Iris and Sean discovered they had this interest in common. And recently, Sean decided that as he was about to turn 40 he wanted to do something special with his life. So between his 39th and 40th birthdays (his fortieth year) he is going to participate in 40 endurance events and raise $40,000 for his favorite charities. No small challenge! He has already done a few and raised a few thousand dollars but he still has 11 months to go. And in June he is coming to California to participate in an event up at Lake Tahoe. So Iris is giving him a fundraising party. Wine tasting and fund raising. If you are interested in learning about Sean and his 40 in 40 challenge visit his blog http://seans40in40withlls.blogspot.com/ And if you would like to help him and have fun at a wine tasting then let me know and I will see that you get an invitation. It will be the first weekend in June and should be lots of fun!

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to help Sean... count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I'll tell you more over tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mardie - just catching up on blog posts. Thanks for getting the word out!

    This will be a unique opportunity to taste high quality home grown (Contra Costa) wines not available anywhere else. AND help support an awesome and person raise funds for a worthy cause in an amazing way!

    ReplyDelete