Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sun, sun, go away!

Perhaps I am not totally sincere about not wanting sunshine. The weather has been absolutely glorious here the last couple of days. The hills started to green up again because of the unseasonal rain but it just takes a day or two for our open space to turn golden again. During the two weeks when it rained on and off, when the sky was a gloomy gray, I thought I wanted sunshine. But in my imagination, this sunlight was about two steps ahead of me and I could walk in the shade but enjoy the light of the sun without being in it. Now I've got the sun but don't you know, it insists on shining directly on me. Even with sun screen I burn. So I have to cover with long sleeves and headcoverings and gloves. And in the sunlight I start feeling like I have a fever, I get so hot with all the body covering. So, I am not walking as much as I should. Oh, I could walk in the morning before the sun comes up but I get a little nervous, out on my own in the dark. And in the evening I am generally too exhausted to go out. So, I just fidget. And here I am complaining which I really don't like to do...well, not much....well maybe I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment