Sunday, March 1, 2009

What is new? I see scrub jays out on that huge gnarly old oak tree behind our house. Oh, and there is a robin up on the fence looking a little annoyed at the jays. I wonder what is up? The apricot tree is about to bloom, the hillside is a verdant carpet of green and the sky is crying.
I'll be going out for a walk in that in a few minutes. But meanwhile I shall convey the latest news. Which isn't much. My friend Christa is in San Diego for just a couple of days. I haven't seen her in ten years. She lives in Germany. On a lark, I asked her if she would like to spend the day with me on Monday. I could fly down and we could play. She agreed it would be fun. I asked my oncologist and trials nurse if there would be any reason for me not to fly or if there was any chance that I would be called in on Monday. They said, go have fun. So I will leave very early and come back very late and if it doesn't rain it should be a wonderful day in San Diego. I hope we can take advantage of public transit most of the day. They have a lovely trolley car system there and a bus that connects the trolley to the airport so it should be easy. I did it once before about 13 or so years ago. I had to deliver a car to Carlsbad. I drove down there, left the car and then I was dropped off at the Carlsbad MetroLink Station. I took it into San Diego, got off the train and jumped on the bus to the airport. I walked up to the jetway counter and bought a ticket (how times have changed!) flew to Oakland, took the BART shuttle to the Coliseum BART station and Andy brought me home when I arrived in Walnut Creek. I cheated by not taking the County Transit bus to our neighborhood but I felt that I supported public transportation system pretty well that day. I left Carlsbad around 5:30, got a 7 a.m flight and was in Walnut Creek before 10:30. Not bad, I think.
On othere fronts, I have no bladder infection. According to the extended tests there is nothing to worry about. And I won't.
I am a card carrying port wearer. Really! I have a laminated card that says I have a port, where it is positioned, who my doctor is and his phone number and the registration number of my port and its model number. I also wear a stretchy bracelet that says I have a port and a tag for my keychain. Pretty fancy stuff. And to complement my fuchsia and gray bracelet I have a Susan Komen for the Cure two tone pink stretchy ring! Thank you Olga! With my trendy hair cut I feel like a million. Except for the itchy bump on my left shoulder and the itchy, numb scar on my left armpit. Yes, itchy and numb. A little itchy here, a little numb there. But nothing I can't deal with. tee hee!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had fun in San Diego! Sounds like a good break for you!
    love,
    kd

    ReplyDelete