Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ayyyy, my skin is even worse today. And Andy very kindly pointed out to me that my face is very broken out. And I pointed out to him that he obviously hadn't read my blog. He came up with some kind of excuse such as it is tax season or something like that. Silly Andy!
I was almost uncomfortable being seen in public but my natural propensity for enjoying being the center of attention ruled the day and out I went. In search of a particular bottle of wine. Apparently Andy and I could be the arbiters of good taste this season. The bottle in question, one Seghesio Old Vine Zinfandel had such a high rating that the ordinary wine merchants have a hard time getting it. Nevertheless, it must be had. And so to the Internet. Where anything can be had for a price!
So one errand down and many to go. Right now I am so light-headed that I am tackling one errand a day. And I feel virtuous if I get it done. I am almost afraid that this light-headedness comes from dehydration so I very earnestly pouring liquid refreshment down my throat. And I am going to get a good smoothie recipe and indulge myself with smoothies. Metamucil with OJ and Ginger ale can be satisfying for only so long. One must be open to variety. I tend to get into ruts with my diet which can be very unhealthy if one is not careful.
So, here I sit at my computer, watching two young deer on the hill, enjoying the buds opening on the fruit trees and seeing the grasses and branches waving in the gentle breeze that is sweeping over Whitecliff. It is a beautiful day!

4 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly from when a very vain friend went through chemo, it basically does to your skin turnover what it does to your digestion - slows it to practically nil. Maybe some AHA to jump start the turnover? If its medically advised, of course. I'm sorry you're lightheaded. Lots of rest, right? Even from that second job you don't get to take disability from...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I shouldn't stop using the loofah on my face and body then, right? It is a gentle loofah but I love it to pieces. I feel like it is stimulating the production of new skin cells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, check with your doc! Surely they've seen this before and know what to do about it. Also, I checked on the web and they said "check with your doc." (smiley emoticon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was very gentle with my bufpuf today and I used a moisturizer. I know they are zits, not hives. They aren't itchy or anything. I think I'll go take a nap now!

    ReplyDelete