Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Make new friends


but keep the old,


One is silver


and the other is gold"


Does anyone besides me remember that little ditty? I think it must be a Girl Scout song. I know it makes a lovely round. Anyway, it came to my mind a little bit ago. I just finished talking to an old friend of mine. She lives northwest of Chicago, in a spot that is filled with lakes and small woods scattered here and there. I got to visit her a couple of years ago and we had a lovely afternoon talking, laughing and catching up. I met her at the JCC about 28 years ago when her eldest son and my eldest daughter were in preschool together. In the intervening years she has moved a number of times, even out of the country, but we have never lost touch. And just like with Christa, when Pam and I start talking, we just kind of pick up where we last dropped off, even when it has been a couple of years between conversations. She always reminds me of something I said the last time we spoke that makes me feel good about myself. One needs friends like that. So hugs to you, Pam, and hugs to all my friends, everywhere. You are truly loved and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment