Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh, my gosh! I'm regressing. My skin looks like heck. I am a teenager again. Yikes. Breakouts. Oh no! Really, this isn't nice. I keep thinking that if I eat healthier it will go away, but it isn't the food I'm eating, is it? It is those nasty chemicals that I am so grateful to have coursing through my veins. Okay, I will weather this. Bad skin is just that, bad skin. Must be a true gauge of what the chemo is doing. If the chemo is supposed to sluff off dead tissue then in a couple of days I should have healthy looking, vibrant skin. Or am I a wishful dreaming fool? Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I slept a little better last night. I think. I do keep waking up but not as often and for shorter periods of time.
Today I practiced my Spanish on Dolores, the lady who keeps our house from looking like a pigsty. My vocabulary is tending towards medical terms but we are understanding each other. Sabe como se dice "wig" en espanol? Peloca! I'm learning! She is very patient!

Today I am going for a walk with a friend and her baby. We are going to try for the Whitecliff Way route. Short but easy. I hope I have the energy for it!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! You posted yourself bewigged! Sorry about the skin issues...maybe,if the sluffing off happens, you will have discovered a new facial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather extreme measures for glowing skin! But I wouldn't complain if that were the outcome.

    ReplyDelete