Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lab revisited

Wow, the house was so much cooler this morning than the last couple of mornings. Surely it will be a cooler day today. I'm tired of hiding in the house all day and half the evening!

This morning at 6:45 I was in line at Kaiser waiting for the lab to open. There were already 5 people in front of me and a dozen people behind me by the time they opened the door at 7 a.m. I didn't need to wait very long at all and the lab lady, Marina, was a good sticker. I hardly noticed the needle. An hour later the lab results were coming in. I love the Kaiser website. I can check on my lab results and email my doctor so easily. Most of the numbers were just outside of the "normal" range. I'm hoping they are all close enough to allow my chemo tomorrow.

I've already started my chemo pill regimen. This morning I took two of my decadron pills. I hadn't realized that decadron is a steroid. When I visited my oncologist yesterday I mentioned that I am getting puffy. She said she noticed and that was a result of the steroids I'm taking. That also explains the weight gain. I will admit that I'm eating more than I should but the weight I have gained is out of proportion to what I eat. In my humble opinion. But I do drink a lot of water and if the steroids make me retain water, well there you go!

I also mentioned to her that I had signed up for the SF AIDS Walk on July 19 and asked her if she thought it was a good idea. I was a little worried because of the neuropathy in my hands and feet. She encouraged me to do the walk! I just love her. She is so upbeat and always has a smile. So, unless I hear otherwise from her today, I will have my last full chemotherapy tomorrow. And then I will call the radiologist and make plans with them to start the radiation treatments. I can't wait.....yeah!

I want to wish Melody all the best and thank her for sending me greetings. She recently joined "the sorority". I am sure her treatment and recovery will be fast and smooth. She has the right attitude and spirit!

Thank you to Joan for the ratatouille and all the fixings! It was delicious. And thank you everyone who made my life a little, no, a lot easier by preparing all those wonderful meals for us this year. I am so very very grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts for successful completion of chemo tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm good to go. They said okay....

    ReplyDelete