Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time

Although this year seems to be moving by at a very fast clip, everyone is remarking on it, this last week or so has crept along at a snail's pace. Summer this year is very monotonous. This is the first summer in ages that Andy and I haven't gone somewhere the moment my school was done.
And interestingly, the cruise we signed up for, the one that was finally going to take me to the Promised Land of Israel for the first time, the cruise that we had to cancel because of this darned (sorry for the language) annoyance, this cruise was cancelled! There was a fire on the Royal Princess. The cruise from Venice to Athens was cut short by a fire in the engine room! It was decided to end the cruise and cancel the following cruise that was to begin in Athens. We were supposed to board at Athens. As Sonia so aptly put, "If Mardie can't go on the cruise, no one can!" And this isn't an admission of guilt on my part. I was nowhere near Port Said at the time of the conflagration and I don't have any connection with that cruise. Well, come to think of it, I do know someone who was onboard but I didn't do anything to convince him to sabotage the cruise, really!
Thank you to my meal providers this last week. Thank you to Leslie and Anne for your marvelous Italian dinners and to Jane for her delicious meatloaf and all the fixings. We enjoyed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment