Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 8

I wish I had something to say about the forward march of my treatment but the truth is, right now nothing is happening. Still waiting for an OR appointment. I did offer my kitchen table to the surgeon but he hasn't gotten back to me on that....seemed reasonable to me.
I once again have to thank everyone who has contacted me in one way or another. I've gotten so many cards, so many calls. It is amazing to me how many people really seem to care. I am so lucky to have so many good friends. I am also wearing an angel pin from Cea, thank you dear, and a pink Avon breast cancer bow from....someone. It came to me through the district mail and the envelope disappeared so I can't track it. But to whomever sent it, thank you.
I haven't mentioned my wonderful family, have I? My husband, Andy, is doing all he can to help and it is very appreciated. Sonia and Becca, our two daughters, call and make me laugh. What more could I ask for? I am very lucky to have them....
Hold the presses. Just got the call. Not until January 28th. If there is a cancellation I might get in sooner. Hmmm, does that mean I'm wishing for someone to die and free up a surgery spot? I hope not. I hope someone spontaneously mends a hernia or goes into remission from something. Sigh. I was hoping it would be sooner. Now I have way too much time to think about this.
Well, maybe I'll just turn this into a book review column. I have read a couple of really good books lately.....okay, maybe I'll postpone that for a while.
Right now I hear the ladies of the Whitecliff Court Cafe beckoning me to join them in a ladylike glass of wine. Perhaps I will join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment