Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 6

I just been vegging out these last couple of days. Took some walks. Read some books. Went to a goodbye party at Stanfords for my library friend, Betsy, who is leaving WCSD for the bigger, wider library world of Diablo Valley College. We are going to miss her.
Right now our house is filled with 8 gorgeous fragrant bouquets of flowers. We are really swimming in blossoms. Thank you everyone who has sent these thoughtful gifts. The Wittwers, Anne, the library ladies, WCI, the Lippsetts, the Persses, Sonia, Allen, Lois and Marcia and I'm forgetting someone but it will come to me. Oh, Jane, of course! Thank you all.
I haven't cooked in days. Someone is at the door every other day or so delivering delicious food that usually lasts for two or three meals. Vegetarian chili, a vegetarian Indonesian rice dish, curried eggplant, salads, breads and cookies and cakes! Yikes! I am going to have to do a lot of extra walking to make sure I don't end up gaining weight. Again, thank you all. Jane, the Wittwers, the Hurds and Leah. You are all wonderful. And also a big thank you to Liz for shopping for us on Wednesday before she took off for her half marathon in Florida!
Now, a little plug for a good cause. My friend Stacy sent me this link today and I want to encourage everyone to help. It costs nothing but about a half a minute of your time. And if you can do it once a day, that would be great. The link is to The Breast Cancer Site and all you do is click on their click spot and you help women who can't afford to pay for mammograms, get one. Just click. You don't have to pay a dime. Click it once a day and save someone's life.
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2

No comments:

Post a Comment