Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 2

Well, today I just vegged out. Read a little from the materials the Breast Care Coordinator gave us. Made sure I understood what the lumpectomy is all about. Learned more about Sentinel nodes and radiation therapy. All very interesting. I listened to the guided imagery CD yesterday. It was very hypnotic. No wonder it has a warning on it just the like drugs do, "do not listen to this and operate machinery at the same time". I will definitely continue to listen to this CD. It is supposed to help with healing and pain management. I'm game. Monday I go in to nuclear medicine for a dye injection so they can locate the sentinel node during the lumpectomy on Tuesday. I am also expecting a call from the anesthesiologist on Monday and we will discuss the type of anesthetic I will be using. I think I would prefer a local if I can listen to music on my ipod but if I have to be distracted by operation room chatter I guess I will go for a general. Unless I don't. They don't have me scheduled for a precise time yet. They won't know until Monday so I am not planning on going to work. I will be too distracted with the phone calls I will be waiting for. And thus ends another day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very cool cd! And even if they won't let you have your Ipod (sanitary reasons?), maybe they would pipe in your selections and keep their yaps shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading about childbirth prep meditation cds; they keep stressing not to listen to them on the way to the hospital. ;-) Can you ask for a twilight anesthesia? Doesn't completely knock you out like a general, but gives you a lovely sort of amnesia.

    ReplyDelete