Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait. It isn't that bad but these breaks between constant appointments are unnerving. Friday I have a heart scan at 1 p.m. in Walnut Creek. It sounds like more of the same types of scans I had before but it could be different. I'll find out Friday. Then on Monday I get to drive out to Antioch for a 4:45 pre-op physical. I think it is kind of amusing that I have had two surgeries with general anesthetic and no physical and now they think I need a physical for a "light" sleep. This physical is for the insertion of my port for the chemotherapy. I am very excited about this because I don't think they will wait too long to start the chemo once the port goes in. A friend was very concerned and close to tears when I told her it was going into my chest. She has lost two loved ones who died because of port complications. But I assured her that I am in really good shape and it shouldn't be a problem. And I believe it. I would much rather have a receptacle in my chest to receive all the injections than have someone keep sticking needles into the crook of my arm, which is beginning to look like a battle ground. Anyway, that will be on Tuesday, time as yet to be determined.
I just received a shirt from my daughter Sonia which reads "Crazy Sexy Cancer Goddess". I love it. I wore it to school but wore a sweater over it and only showed it to adults. I felt like a flasher....tee hee! But it is really a cute shirt and I will wear it proudly. Andy has a shirt that reads "I wear pink for my wife". He does wear it, too!
Dear friends. I have been really remiss on my thank you's. I just feel overwhelmed by all the cards, flowers, cookies and meals that have arrived on our doorstep. Please don't think that we don't appreciate them. We truly do. Just know that everything you have done for us is welcomed and cherished.
And I also want to thank my walking friends who have chosen to walk instead of run on Saturday mornings. I know that these mornings have gotten longer because of walking instead of running and it moves me deeply that you are willing to take time from all the demands of your life to spend some time with me. Hugs to you all.
Well, I'll let you know all about the scan once it has been taken care of. Until then, more hugs to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you a lot this week. Thank you for taking time to share your days with us through your blog. I'll keep you in my thoughts on Tuesday....take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete