Friday, February 13, 2009

And today was my day to sign papers. I initialed and/or signed and dated 23 pages of documents about the clinical trials. I told the nurse that I felt like I was signing escrow papers and she said I wasn't the first person to make that remark. I am going to be disappointed if I'm not chosen. It took an hour and a half to go through each page with the clinical trials RN. She had to make sure that I understood what I was getting into. And that I understood that this is actually a 10 year study. I will have to stay in contact with them for 9 years beyond the trial so they can continue to monitor my health. Sounded good to me! (but I can leave the trial at any time or the doctor can remove me from the trial)
After I took care of that I took the car in for an oil change and walked to Starbucks. While I sat next to the window it started to hail. First little lentil sized pieces and then bigger to the size of peas. Plump peas! It was very exciting. Everyone in Starbucks stood and gazed out the window, watching the little pellets pound to the ground. Later on I looked towards Mt. Diablo and sure enough, there was snow up at the summit. I just love weather like this. Even though it was kind of cold today. This on and off rain with snow on the mountain is just so wonderful. Of course there was a down side. When I got home the gutter over the front window was overflowing. I had to climb a ladder to clear out the drain. Just a bunch of leaves right over the top of the downspout. It took just a minute. But of course my neighbor spotted me up high and was concerned....I assured him I was safe. He couldn't see that Andy was right there and I was actually standing one foot on the ladder and one on a low wall. I was perfectly steady. It felt good to do something handy around the house. Sometimes I feel kind of useless. But today I was the handy person.
Oh, oh, the painter finished painting around the house today. It looks wonderful. The living room and dining room are especially nice looking and he also painted my office in a lovely yellow called Sprinkles of summer or something like that. It really changes the feeling in that room. Cheers it up.
Tomorrow morning I will go for a nice walk with whomever has the fortitude to brave this weather. Or maybe we will just adjourn to Starbucks. We will see tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. It was wonderful walking with you today, Mardie. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mardie,

    Sat down this morning to check in on your progress, knowing that the story would be here. your blogging is fabulous. Gives us all the sense of being right there with you...which we are...in spirit, and with good wishes and high hopes.

    Fern

    ReplyDelete