Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lazy days of summer

When last I blogged I had just finished my final super chemo. I am hoping that the side effects I'm feeling will linger only briefly. My neuropathy is growing but after this next week perhaps it will begin to dissipate. I'm hoping so. My digestive system gave me a strong kick a couple of days ago. Just in case I had forgotten what super constipation is all about. And yet, I persevere.
My sisters came for a short visit and were very good about helping me drink enough liquids. Sister Rosie made a game of it and drank along with me. Sister Kathy used her iPhone to verify just about anything we talked about. It was actually fun. We enjoyed talking about growing up in our "interesting" household. Tried to remember neighbors names. I used to be good at that. Not anymore. Can't remember what someone tells me if it was five minutes ago. But that is something that will go away after all the super chemo gets through my system. I hope.
So right now I am finishing up a silly adult mystery and my next reads will be from WCI library. I must start reading middle school material now. I don't want to get back to school in August and not know what the current favorites are with the middle school set. I opened a box of books from Junior Library Guild yesterday and found a few that looked promising. I'll let you know.
Right now my energy level is uneven. I race around like a mad person when I feel I can get stuff done and then I conk out with no energy at all.
I have an appointment with the radiation people over at the John Muir Concord campus on Monday. I don't know when the actual radiation will commence but I hope it will be soon. Sooner started, sooner finished.
Helen sent me a cool pink bracelet from Holland America's Walk for the Cure. I'm glad the cruise industry is taking this up. I've done it on Princess but I didn't know other cruises did it too. On those days when there aren't any ports to call on it makes sense to have a fund raising walk and why not for breast cancer? Thank you, Helen!
I'm looking forward to the San Francisco AIDS Walk on July 19. Thank you to those of you who have donated to my account. And if you haven't yet there is still time. And if you want to wait, there will be the Mardie's Walnut Creek Marathon in November.....I'll catch you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment