Wednesday, August 26, 2009

happy trails

It is said that a good artist knows when to stop painting. I hope I am a good writer. I have loved doing these blogs but I'm sure you have noticed that the postings have been fewer and farther between. I wish I could say that I have so much more to say, but the truth is I don't. My radiation treatment is coming to an end sometime next week. The treatments themselves have been uneventful and predictable. The only thing that changes is that once in a while I go in at a different time than the normal 4:15. Andy, Becca and Mary have driven me to the appointments and I am very grateful for that. It is good to have a companion to share these (dare I say boring) experiences. Today I nodded off when they took a little extra time with their measurements.
So, I think this is a wise thing for me to do now. Perhaps I will add another post or two when Mardie's Walnut Creek Marathon draws near, but for now dear friends I will just say au revoir.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have had the strength to keep us in your journey through this blog. It doesn't hurt that you're such a good writer! Would love to have you post updates on your progress toward Mardie's Marathon. Hugs and Kisses, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that your life is pretty uneventful right now! But I have enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for the encouragement and support of family and friends. You may still more from me. But no plans at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Au revoir, smotley! But I bet you will come up with other things to write about. Especially if you wear your cancer goddess t-shirt a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that does provoke situations, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete