Sunday, August 16, 2009

And we are off!

After much procrastination on my part Mardie's Marathon website, www.mardiesmarathon.com is updated and looking good. My thanks go to my sister Kathy, who spent much of two or three days this week posting and tweeking things. I can't thank her enough for doing this for us. It is a major undertaking, just making the website work for us and she did it without a single complaint. I have also printed out a bunch of letters of solicitation that are directed at vendors and merchants, in the hope that someone or some "many" will offer to pay for the lovely medals that are awarded to the people who participate in Mardie's Marathon. Last year, a group of teachers from Buena Vista School, my old school, paid for the medals. It was such a wonderful thing for them to do. I'm just hoping that someone, somewhere will take it up this year. I am pretty sure we are going to have more participants and I don't want anyone to be disappointed. If they do the run/walk, they should get a medal.
So now, be prepared. I have my Dear Friend letter ready to go and I will be emailing it to most of you. Some people will get them by snail mail but they probably won't be people reading this, come to think of it! If you can read this, I've probably got your email address somewhere!
Last night we attended a lovely Midsummer Night's Party at Mary's. It was wonderful with interesting people, delicious barbequed beef prepared by Chef Scott. Mary and her piano teacher seranaded us. I sat in the music room and listened to them playing four hands on two pianos and was I suddenly transported to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. It was magical. I expected wigged servants to come in bearing sherry laden trays. Except that the music was so delightful there was no wicked and witty conversation going on. We were all entranced.
So, tomorrow I go back to work. I hope I can remember how to do everything. If not, I'll just call Liz and she can retrain me! I've read about a bunch of books this week and more over the course of the summer so I feel prepared for class visits. Fortunately, school doesn't start for another week and a half. I'll have another bunch of books read by then. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, students and teachers. It should be a good year!

1 comment:

  1. Mardie-You can count me in on your sub list.
    I'm willing to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete